Shaping Teaching and Learning Through Curriculum, Assessment, Technology, and Professional Development
The foundation for teaching and learning within the Sartell-St. Stephen School District is rooted in our mission “to develop well-rounded citizens capable of becoming successful and contributing members of society by providing outstanding instruction in a caring and supportive environment where excellence is the expected outcome for all learners.”
Implementing a rigorous and comprehensive curriculum involves planning, teaching, assessment and data analysis. Sartell-St. Stephen Schools prides itself on curriculum that is developed and refined on a continuous cycle. Elementary and Secondary Content Area Specialists, under the leadership of Building Principals and the Assistant Superintendent, guide staff in an on-going process of aligning curriculum, instruction, and assessment to Minnesota State and National Standards.
Preparing students for the future means building a 21st Century skill set that is integrated across all learning areas.
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving
- Collaboration across Networks
- Agility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Entrepreneurship
- Effective Written and Oral Communication
- Accessing and Analyzing Information
- Creativity and Imagination
District 748 Academic Areas of Focus:
- Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, and Viewing in the English Language
- History and Social Studies
- The Arts: Visual, Music, and Theatre
- Career and Technical
- World Languages
Under Minnesota Statutes, section 120B.11, school boards are to adopt a long-term, comprehensive strategic plan to support and improve teaching and learning. This plan addresses the following five goals:
- All children are ready for school.
- All third-graders can read at grade level.
- All racial and economic achievement gaps between students are closed.
- All students are ready for career and college.
- All students graduate from high school
District 748 World's Best Workforce Strategic Plan 2021-2022
District 748 World's Best Workforce Strategic Plan 2020-2021