Updates for 2021-2022
- KIDSTOP - before/after school care from the Boys & Grils Club of Central Minnesota - has modified their schedules based on weather. Please visit the Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota's Weather Closing Procedures webpage for details.
In any weather emergency, the main objective is to provide protection and a safe environment for students. Sartell-St. Stephen, Sauk Rapids-Rice, and the St. Cloud Area School Districts follow a coordinated weather-related emergency plan. The superintendents consult with a variety of experts including, but not limited to, city, county, and transportation officials. School officials continually monitor the forecast from various sites, including the National Weather Service and St. Cloud State University.
In the event of weather-related emergencies, notifications will be:
- Sent directly to families through the District’s Skylert notification system*
- Posted on the District website at www.isd748.org and social media
- Sent to media outlets (T.V., newspaper, and radio)
*Families can update their notification preferences for Skylert using Skyward Family Access. Click on "Skylert" on the left menu to modify your preferences for texts, emails, and phone calls.
Unless otherwise specified, the following will be closed/cancelled for snow days:
- All buildings
- Classes and programs at all PreK-12 schools
- Community Education Classes
- Field Trips
- School Events
Skylert: Notifications via Email, Text, and Phone
Skylert is used to communicate school delays/cancellations with families and community members. Information is also shared on our website, social media, and local television/radio stations.
- Families should make sure their Skyward Family Access account is updated to receive Skylert notifications according to your preferences. For a Skylert overview, please click here.
- Community members interested in receiving District emails/texts/phone calls for severe weather closings/delays are invited to create an account with Skylert, our emergency notification service. For instructions to help set up your account in the Skylert Community Portal, please view this handout.
We sent a test message on Wednesday, October 27, 2021; to update your preferences, please follow the instructions above.