January 25, 2023
SABRE PRIDE: Congratulations to the NINE Sartell-St. Stephen ISD 748 teachers who are among 131 candidates nominated to become the 2023 Minnesota Teacher of the Year! The Teacher of the Year program "celebrates the tradition of excellence in teaching in Minnesota."
- Barbara Eaton - Special Education at ORELC
- Cris Drais - 1st Grade Teacher at PMPS
- Karrie Fredrickson - Social Studies at SHS
- Shannan Houghton - 3rd Grade Teacher at RIS
- Holly Lathe - Music Teacher at PMPS
- Nikki Perius - Instructional Coach at RIS
- Joe Schulte - Technology Education Teacher at SHS
- James Sinkel - Social Studies Teacher at SHS
- Lindsey Trimbo - Kindergarten Teacher at ORELC
About Minnesota Teacher of the Year
The 2023 Minnesota Teacher of the Year will be chosen from a field of 131 candidates. These candidates have accepted their nominations and completed the required materials to become eligible for the honor.
This year’s program will name the 59th Minnesota Teacher of the Year. The program celebrates the tradition of excellence in teaching in Minnesota. Eligible candidates include pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade, Early Childhood Family Education and Adult Basic Education teachers, from public or private schools.
An independent panel of leaders in the fields of education, business, government, nonprofit and philanthropy will read candidates’ portfolios over the next few weeks and narrow the list to a group of semifinalists. In March, the panel will convene again and review additional materials from the semifinalists to choose a group of finalists. The Minnesota Teacher of the Year banquet is set for May 7 at the Saint Paul RiverCentre.