September 6 2022
September 6, 2022
Hello ISD 748 Families,
As we prepare for the start of what is sure to be an amazing school year, we wanted to once again share reminders regarding local road construction projects and the likely impact on our students, families, and staff through the fall of this year.
The construction projects will add an additional layer of unpredictability related to bus times and traffic congestion. We respectfully request continued understanding and patience as we all transport our students safely and in a timely manner.
- The City of Sartell has provided a detailed list of road construction projects, maps, and timelines (https://www.isd748.org/SartellConstruction) to help the community prepare.
- An update: County Road 1 between 5th Street N. and 12th Street N. will be open to traffic starting Wednesday, September 7 at 6a. The goal is for the opening of 5th Street N to 12th Street N to help primarily with local traffic for school purposes.
- The trail is paved, however, please note that the trail will not officially be open until the crosswalks and crosswalk flasher systems have been installed, likely not until sometime this winter or early spring 2023.
- The larger detour along 27th Street North, Pinecone Road, and 2nd Street will remain in place for traffic needing to get through the city.
- Families who opted for transportation provided by ISD 748 have received a postcard, email, phone call, and Skyward Family Access updates with route details.
- We appreciate your continued patience as everyone learns new Back to School routines because - as you may recall from previous years - our bus routes may not run at their scheduled times. Traditionally, it takes a week or two for everyone to get into the routine before buses routinely run at their posted times.
- Questions about your route? Please visit https://www.isd748.org/Transportation.
As families plan their arrival and departure times, please remember:
- Each building’s “door open” times (as shared in handbooks):
- ORELC - 7:35a
- PMPS - 7:25a
- RIS - 7:20a
- SMS - 7:45a
- SHS - 7:45a
- Wraparound childcare is provided through the Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota’s KIDSTOP/KIDSTART programs. Registration is required.
- Before-school KIDSTOP for Kindergarten students at Oak Ridge Early Learning Center is open from 6:30a until school starts and from school dismissal until 6p.
- Please visit https://www.isd748.org/childcare for additional information.
- At this time, KIDSTOP at Pine Meadow Primary and Riverview Intermediate and KIDSTART for preschool at ORELC is at capacity, but families may join a waitlist.
Thank you for your partnership and understanding.
Dr. Jeff Ridlehoover