Up to September 3 description
Posted through September 3, 2021
Emailed to families and staff on August 13, 2021
Printed in Sabre Spotlight - Fall 2021
Our District is establishing an Educational Equity and Student Experience Committee to ensure that each child is part of a healthy, safe, engaged, and supported environment through a renewed partnership with students, staff, and residents of the community.
The committee will focus on student academic success and social-emotional support. If you are the parent/guardian of a student in grades 6-12, please share this message with them. As we get closer to the start of school, we will provide additional information with students directly on how they can be part of this important work.
To apply for the committee, please click here [link removed after deadline] by September 3. Families with students in grades 6-12 may share the application with their students. Applications will be reviewed and participants will be notified the week of September 6. Our first meeting is on Monday, September 13. Details about the committee are below.
We will use the following guidelines for involvement to best represent our school community stakeholders:
- 50% students from grades 6-12
- 25% staff representative of grades PreK-12
- 25% adult District residents (priority for representation of PreK-12 parents/guardians)
* those not selected: there will be listening sessions and other opportunities to be involved.
Includes but is not limited to:
- Define what "educational equity" means for Sartell-St. Stephen ISD 748.
- Develop an actionable, long-term improvement plan designed to meet the academic and social-emotional needs of all learners.
We will meet in person (as health protocols allow) to ensure respectful and productive communication, planning, and results.
- Meetings are planned for the second Monday of each month from 6:30-8p.
- We request a commitment through May 2022.
The District and committee will provide regular updates regarding progress and additional opportunities throughout the year.
If you have questions, please contact me.
Dr. Jeff Ridlehoover
Sartell-St. Stephen ISD 748